Friday, April 27, 2012

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Well, judging by this picture my cat - Poopy - does not want me to leave.  And I could take her, although I doubt she would enjoy the quarantine process.  At least I will have a hairy reminder of my cat all over my clothes.  Tomorrow I fly from Raleigh, North Carolina, to London, Heathrow, and ultimately I get into Edinburgh at 6:30am local time (that would be 1:30am here in Danville).  

"Men are like bagpipes: no sound comes
from them until they are full."

Packing has been challenging, as it is a bit difficult to predict the weather in Scotland.  Umbrellas are pointless: most of mine end up turned inside out and resemble t.v. aerials.  I do have adapters, and my dad taught me the importance of having the correct one.  He knocked out power to an entire hotel floor in Dublin because he had a string of adapters fitted together as long as my arm, and I have never before seen a hair dryer glow that color orange.  

Cheers to everyone!           

No comments:

Post a Comment