Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dr. Wallace Prepares for Trip to Scotland

Dear Readers,


In just a few short weeks, I will travel to Edinburgh, Scotland where I will undertake a three-month Visiting Research Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh.  Throughout my stay in Scotland, I will blog about my travels, research, and various historical sites which I will visit, along with photos of my excursions and experiences.


Many thanks to Danville Community College and the VCCS for their support, and I look forward to a wonderful trip.


All the best,


Dr. Mark Wallace


1 comment:

  1. Mark, thank you for letting me know about your bolg. I'm trying to learn more about Scottish history. Reading "SCOTLAND" by Magnus Magnusson and watching the BBC series of Scotish history with Neil Oliver. Don't know how the majority of the Scots view Americans, but I sensed at least a tolerance us Yanks. I enjoyed talking with them and really liked their sense of humor. Stay warm and have a wee dram, it may help with the cool weather.

    ReplyDelete